The Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery, Inc., (JBJS) does not collect personal information from any site visitor unless that visitor explicitly and intentionally provides it. You provide information to us when you subscribe, activate your online access, sign up for e-mail notifications of the table of contents, CME, and other alerts, or otherwise interact with our website.
The personal information we store may include:
- Postal address
- E-mail address
- Phone number
- Fax number
- IP address
- AAOS identification number, if provided
- Employment or practice setting
- Stage of training
- Years in practice
- Board certification
- CME participation
How your personal information will be used
Personal information may be used for internal JBJS purposes by authorized staff.
The information may be used to provide access to journal content and to process, fulfill, and follow up on subscription, CME, Pay Per View, and other orders.
We may report aggregate information about the types of visitors and activity at our website to third parties, including advertisers. However, we will never share specific information about individual visitors in such reporting.
We may contact you to alert you to new content or services offered by JBJS, to give you the opportunity to renew your subscription, to fulfill your print or electronic content delivery requests, to extend special offers, make survey requests, or to deliver any other communication necessary in the course of providing service to our readers.
You can choose to stop receiving offer information from us about content or services. You can do this in several ways:
- Click on the appropriate Unsubscribe link found at the bottom of any e-mail correspondence.
- Send an e-mail message to email@example.com. Please include your e-mail address in the body of the message along with the request to be removed from our list.
- Call our Marketing Department at +1 781.449.9780 extension 1245 or send a fax to +1 781. 449.9742.
- Send postal mail to Marketing Department, JBJS, 20 Pickering Street, Needham, MA 02492.
Updating your personal information
There are several ways to update your personal information.
- Visit our website at www.jbjs.org. Sign-in and go to your account information to make updates to your mailing address, e-mail address, subscription information or e-mail alert preferences.
- Contact our Subscriptions Department directly by phone +1 781.449.9780, fax +1 781.449.9742, or send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We employ many safeguards to ensure the security of your personal information. The information we collect is stored in secure environments. When we transfer and receive certain types of sensitive information we redirect visitors to a secure server. We take appropriate precautions to protect against the loss, misuse, or alteration of information that we have collected from you on our site.
Linking to other sites