Rights for authors
Permission from The Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery, Inc.
(JBJS) is not required for the following uses—
If you are an author of the article,
JBJS is clearly identified as the copyright holder
the use is entirely non-commercial, you may:
- post a PDF of the article on a personal or institutional website, or place it in the institutional repository
of your academic institution
- Make a photocopy for personal use
- Copy the article for the use of your own patients
- Use your article in an academic dissertation required to obtain an academic degree
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Rights for subscribers (individual, library, or institutional)
If you are a subscriber to a JBJS publication, you do not need permission to:
- Place articles on course reserves
- Use articles for interlibrary loan
- Allow students to make photocopies, in quantities of 3 or fewer, for personal use
For more information, please contact email@example.com.
Permission to use Images and Tables
Permission from JBJS or an approved agent of JBJS is always
required.Permission from the author of the article
is not usually needed.
How do I obtain a
license to use the material for a non-profit and/or non-commercial purpose?
A license from JBJS or our agent, ©ROCKWATER, Inc., is
required if you wish to:
- Use JBJS content in an academic book or a journal article
- Use in an academic dissertation or thesis
- Use in a presentation, such as Powerpoint™ slides or handouts, at an academic lecture
- Use in a CME course that has no commercial sponsorship
How do I obtain a license to use the material for a commercial purpose?
A license from JBJS or our agent, ©ROCKWATER, Inc., is required for all commercial uses, including:
- Use in promotional literature
- Use in a product manual
Use in a presentation, such as Powerpoint™ Slides or handouts, at a commercially sponsored lecture
- Use in a commercially sponsored CME course
Reprints and e-prints
For sales originating in the United States, requests for non-commercial and commercial e-prints are
handled through ©ROCKWATER. E-prints
are suitable for publication to an intranet or internet site, for emailing to
others, for localized on-demand literature fulfillment, and for download to USB
For sales originating outside the United States, requests for non-commercial and commercial e-prints are
handled through Content Ed Net.
Note: For best pricing and most reliable guidance about journal policies, please work directly with our authorized agents, Rockwater and Content Ed Net.
- Classroom or academic course pack
- CME course at a non-profit institution, sponsored by a non-profit institution
- AAOS-sponsored course
- AAOS Annual Meeting: photocopies, handout, or presentation
- Academic thesis or dissertation (not commercially published)
- Patient education by the patient's own physician
- Legal research, court of law, or government compliance filing
- All reprints intended to develop, enhance or increase sales
- Patient or physician education by a for-profit company
- Non-AAOS meeting during the AAOS Annual Meeting: photocopies, handout, or presentation
- Any commercial purpose or commercially sponsored purpose in print or electronic form, presentations and/or translation and/or professionally printed abstracts or collections of abstracts or articles
Note: The Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery, Inc. and its agent(s) are not responsible for compliance of reprint and e-print buyers with FDA "Good Reprint Practices" or with PhRMA's "Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals." Compliance with these and other policies, laws, or guidelines are strictly the responsibility of the user of the material.
For reprints or eprints information, if your query originates in the US, please contact ©ROCKWATER at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If your query originates outside of the US, please contact Content Ed Net at email@example.com.